The Straits of Mackinac which joins Lake Huron and Lake Superior, has always been a dangerous place for travel. The first lighthouse in the area was built in 1832. The Mackinac Point Lighthouse was completed in 1890 in an excellent position with a strong light that could be seen for 16 miles. It operated until 1957 when the Mackinac bridge was opened, whose lights made the lighthouse unnecessary.
All Images are Available for Licensing at Singular Video&Pix