Nature Notes

September 27, 2017

Ball’s Woolen Mill Ruins: Ontario’s Old Mills

Filed under: Mill,Ontario — Tags: , , — Harold Stiver @ 6:00 am
Ball's Woolen Mill Ruins: Ontario's Old Mills

Ball’s Woolen Mill Ruins: Ontario’s Old Mills

John and George Ball were awarded this land as soldiers loyal to the British in the American Revolution. They built a five story grist mill at the lower of two waterfalls in 1809 and added a woolen mill near the Upper Falls in about 1840. The Niagara Conservation Authority purchased the property in 1962.

 

Ball's Woolen Mill Ruins: Ontario's Old Mills

Ball’s Woolen Mill Ruins: Ontario’s Old Mills

.
Got to our index of Old Mills here

Ontario's Old Mills


All Images are Available for Licensing at Singular Video&Pix

Facebook Flickr Vimeo Twitter LinkedIn License Images

No Comments »

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL

Leave a comment

Powered by WordPress